Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Why no tcp/ip plot connection in 11?

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, so I go to plot in 11 (and please, let's not go into the plot v print debate), and under plot setup, I select my plotter (HP DJ 500) as usual, but under connection setup there is no tcp/ip option anymore, only a "select plotter" dialog with a menu of printers to choose from. Oh, and the DJ 500 is greyed out.. I am getting tired of having to save down to 10 in order to use the plot function, and I just do not like the line quality of the print function. My plotter/printer (are there really any "real" plotters out there anymore?) is listed in the plot setup dialog, there is just no network connection option like there has been in 10, 9, 8 and 7. I think I've looked everywhere in the program, I have re-installed the printer, but I'm still at a loss. Anyone know what's going on here?
3 REPLIES 3
Stress Co_
Advisor
www.archicadwiki.com/Plotting_in_ArchiCAD11_on_Macintosh
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, thank you. I must have missed this in the Wiki. Every time I had re-installed the printer, I had tried to use the HP drivers, which apparently aren't compatible with ArchiCAD (I could see the printer in the plot setup dialog, but it would be greyed out). Generic driver was the answer! How very straightforward.

Thank again. My faith is renewed.
Rick Thompson
Expert
There's a discussion at

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17043&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=130

but basically think plotflow is the way to make life easier.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display