Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Workaround to make a symbol line avoiding rounded corner lines

MMorim
Contributor

I came across an article by @Hmooslechner that asked to not have rounded corners on a thick line created in Archicad. (https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Modeling/Rounded-corners-when-using-thick-lines/m-p/337755#M1588...)

Then I came out with a workaround with a symbol line that allows to have a pattern that is repeated. This is valid only in a dashed line solution.

by drawing parallel lines that make part of a "dash" we can then copy it and Make a symbol line out of it.

MMorim_1-1683784821717.png

This copied element can make part of a dashed line that can have various gaps and dash sizes according to the required representation.

MMorim_0-1683784167748.png

Hope it solves other users issues...

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
ArchiMind
Advocate

Hello @MMorim,

From previous experience, where we did this kind of approach, I can tell you that we had a lot of issues. Especially when exporting to dwg, also there is possibility of slowing down the file, when you use extensively this kind of lines.

Cheers,

Stefan Veselinović 

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11

@ArchiMind indeed, these are to be used with care and knowing the downstream path the drawings might take, I was posting the workaround to avoid the rounded edges on thick lines. Thank you for your feedback!

You can use the linetype conversion of the translation setup to avoid such problem.

I know you can. But then you have trouble with graphical inconsistency. Let's hope that Graphisoft will create some kind of global width option for the lines with line ending squarish not round 🙂

Cheers, 

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11