Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ZONE TAGS - EDITED SCALE

Tom Krowka
Booster
Re: new zone tags in AC 18....nice, but a bit confusing.

Can someone educate me as to what the edited scales refer to? Am assuming scale of the drawings, such as 1/4" = 1'-0". If so, can I get a translation of 1:50, 1:100 and 1:200 in non-metric format.

Specifically, at what scale will the tags change size to match the scale. And is it automatic. That is, can I use one tag for three different scales of the same drawing and will it change automatically per each scale.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Tom Krowka
Booster
Also, it appears that if one sets the default parameters in zone categories settings, the zone tool does not accept those parameters. One has to reset all the parameters all over again. Seems like a duplication of effort unless I'm missing something.

And there is a lot of settings.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Bill
Contributor
Tom,

It took me a while to get my head around those settings, too. When it says 1:50 it will use that setting when the scale being used is LARGER than 1:50. 1/4" scale, for example, translates to 1:48 so it'll use the 1:50 settings when using 1/4" scale (1:48 is a LARGER scale than 1:50). 1:100 settings will be used for 1/8" scales, since 1/8" translates to 1:96 (1:96 is a a larger scale than 1:100).

As for setting the parameters, what I do is

1) Set the parameters for the zone in Options/Element Attributes/Zone Categories
2) In the model, temporarily change the zone I want to update to another zone category, then change it back to the one I really want to use. The updated parameters should apply.

Sometimes I found that this doesn't work if you only temporarily change the zone to a different category that uses the exact same default stamp (e.g. if they both use Zone_Stamp_2_18). So I make sure there is at least one zone category using a different stamp.

I try not to change parameters within an individually placed zone, unless I know that what I am changing is just a one-time thing.

Hope that helps.
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1