BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Zone Override - probably graphic styles?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a floorplan with various Zones with name, sq m. Each category of Zone has different colour.

I need to save a view with some of things turned off (lets say only walls and zones stay on - via Layers Combination)
But these zone I need them to be overriden only by colour and texts (name, and sq metres) to be turned off.

So in the end in the view I have the same zones, but with different color/hatch and no text info.

Thanks for the help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
insideru
Advocate
You can hide the zone stamp via MVO (see attachment) and you can recolor them via GO.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
insideru
Advocate
You can hide the zone stamp via MVO (see attachment) and you can recolor them via GO.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Anonymous
Not applicable
Terrific!! Thanks.

One more thing - in Graphic Overrides I cannot find the selection of parameter by area - any idea?
insideru
Advocate
Some parameters are not selectable in MVO. GS says it's because performance will suffer greatly. If you play it smart, you can sometimes go around this. What are you trying to achieve?
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I wrote before in this thread - I am trying to select ZONES a override them via Grpahic Styles - but only those ones under 100m2.

My workaround was those under 100m2 were in a different layer. But I had to select them manually, so I was looking for more flexible way
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can achieve a lot of things by making a custom property and then filtering by that property.

Create a custom and have the property values set by checking for zone size. Make sure this property is assigned to the classification you have for your zone tool.

You can then create a GO rule that checks for the value of this custom property.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
insideru
Advocate
You can't check for zone area as far as i know. What you can do instead is make a custom property, as Erwin said. I created one named "Area" under "GENERAL RATINGS" group. Then run this python script. It will auto populate this custom property. The only drawback is you need to run it again if any zone changes.

note: file is zip cause forum doesn't allow .py extensions. Weird!
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Learn and get certified!