Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

active links in pdf

Dave Brach
Advocate

when a pdf set of layouts is published, I see that section and elevation markers are "clickable" and take one directly to the linked drawing/layout.  I was wondering if there is a way to have other items be "clickable" for instance window/door markers that would lead to the item in the schedule; story levels that would lead directly to the plan from, say a section?  appliance/equipment/furniture labels that would lead to a schedule?

Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The hyperlink creation between markers and drawings is an automated feature.  I'm not aware of any mechanism to create any new targets within a document set for hyperlinks.  You can sort of create hyperlinks to external targets - but as this old thread states, it depends on the PDF reader whether the hyperlink will appear as text, or a clickable link (and you'd be looking at an ugly URL vs a text link with a behind-the-scened URL):

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Putting-hyperlinks-in-pdf-files/m-p/262...

Being able to link additional items to additional targets seems like a good wish for the wishes forum: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/bd-p/ideas

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The hyperlink creation between markers and drawings is an automated feature.  I'm not aware of any mechanism to create any new targets within a document set for hyperlinks.  You can sort of create hyperlinks to external targets - but as this old thread states, it depends on the PDF reader whether the hyperlink will appear as text, or a clickable link (and you'd be looking at an ugly URL vs a text link with a behind-the-scened URL):

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Putting-hyperlinks-in-pdf-files/m-p/262...

Being able to link additional items to additional targets seems like a good wish for the wishes forum: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/bd-p/ideas

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
kmitotk
Advocate

I hope GS will introduce clickable hyperlinked labels soon.  In the meantime, there is a way to manually create a clickable button that leads to another layout in the drawing set.

You can create a linked worksheet marker and place it anywhere you like in the drawing, and it will be clickable when issued to pdf or BIMx. We create a drawing legend, normally in a worksheet, that lists symbols for the wall types, door/window numbers etc.. Using the worksheet tool we place a worksheet marker at each symbol type after the description. Set the worksheet marker as "linked marker" with marker reference to a drawing of your choice. Edit the marker symbol style so it shows only the drawing number in a box. Place the legend in a layout and you have hyperlinked button for each label types.

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

Marc H
Advisor

Alternatively, you might explore utilizing BIMx for your cross-referencing audience (contractor, client, etc.), if that is a feasible for your team.  There are automated links from scheduled objects (and I believe elements) to their location in the 3D view.  I've utilized this several times for zones and scheduled objects I've placed within various spaces. Very intuitive; when you view the schedule sheet, it displays a pale blue highlight over linked items, similar to section and plan links.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors