Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

autotext labels disassociating

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wrote the below, decided to search another thread, found the answer, and now I'm just disappointed, again. You can't use the auto text label to label a zone, unless the zone room layer is turned on, which means you can't label zones in similar scales if you need the text to appear in different places.

Great job Archicad.

So in imperial archicad there are issues with zone tags and their scale sensitivity I decided to use a label with auto text. I tagged every room (I tagged a light fixture in the room specifically, in the RCP), arranged the labels, and then realized I wanted them on a different layer.

I assume the layer change was the trigger, but that is not an undoable option. All of these tags now have their auto text displayed, and not the zone name and number as it was. (IE #zonename#zonenumber instead of 'Office 002.' Is there any way to correct this? Or reassociate them?
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
The problem is, that Graphisoft cannot cover all possible options of ArchiCAD use (also in different countries, supporting different CAD standards...). Finally this is why this forum does exist - to communicate with users worldwide and find out various problems.

Also Graphisoft is proving the whole system to use - and some details you can adjust. For example - if you don't like Zone tool behaviour - you can modify the source script. Hopefully GDL script is not the same as writing on C++ and was created especially for users (i.e. for architects not programmers, every professional programmer will tell you that GDL - total cr@p).

The same situation with labels. If you are not happy how label acts - you can have another one (programmed on GDL). The problems that you are rising here are solvable very easy. For example I can help you to solve it and spent for that one day maximum - just ask. I even uploaded my template and libraries on this forum, where labels and zones act exactly how you want.