Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Forum Posts

New user/new project

I received a call from a long time client last night. He asked me to do a tiny project for him. It involves doing nothing more than drawing out a single room building with a pair of doors in one end. The building is to house a large water softener fo...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

PDF publishing trouble in AC12

I am currently still using AC12 for Mac, but planning to upgrade to AC14 next month. Yesterday I upgraded to OS10.6.7 (snow leopard), after being assured that AC12 works well with it. Now I am cannot publish my layout sheet in PDF format. The process...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Separator Line in Composite

Separator line in composite is turned off, looks ok in view, but is visible in layout/print out. How do I fix this?

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Drafting in 90 secs

Hi Guys, I received an email from a local Archicad distributor today (Applecore) showing how they can do drawings in 90 seconds. Whilst we all realise that archicad can draft quickly we know that in reality of the drawing office this isn't really pos...

Fez1974 by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Layers

I notcied under documents there are some predefined layers. If I click on one no part of my drawing changes. How can I make better use of these layers without redrawing my floorplans for my electrical and others? I want to have more sheets like these...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble Publishing my master layout

Hey guys, I'm having trouble publishing my master format so that I may print them. I can't seem to drag the two master layouts in the organizer to the publisher set. Is there something that I'm needing to do to be able to drag the two master layouts ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Need Help printing an Axonometric for Archicad 14

I created an Axonometric plumbing layout that was based on an Archicad created floorplan, now I am unable to print to a smooth drawing from a HP Design Jet T770. No matter what format I try to save the file in (PDF, JPG, or normal print file) all the...

• 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Sections: building to wall to details

In an effort to keep all our drawings "live" we'd like to not use the detail tool as much. In the past, we'll have a building section, then use the detail tool to make a wall section, then again use the detail tool to get your larger scale details. T...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Landscape Documentation

We are documenting a Landscaped Area & placing points for setout of paving, Garden Beds etc............ Does anyone know if there is a method of getting Archicad to schedule these points as Northing & Eastings. At present the Landscape Dept are using...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

re-naming Layer Combinations causes missing views

Not sure if I'm missing something.It seems that if one renames a Layer Combination that was used by a certain view, it goes 'missing' in that view.Should the layer setting in the view not update to reflect the re-naming.