Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

circle frame on labels

jkershaw
Enthusiast
I would like to make an independent text label with a CIRCULAR frame around the text (instead of the standard rectangle that appears when you click the 'frame' button)

Is this possible? If so, please enlighten me! I've gotten close with with rather cumbersome NCS Indicator 19 symbol, but the text is upside-down in most cases.
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jkershaw:

Try the Identification Label 19, turn on Frame and there is a Circle option under Symbol Label > Label Frame > Frame Shape.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
jkershaw
Enthusiast
David wrote:
jkershaw:

Try the Identification Label 19, turn on Frame and there is a Circle option under Symbol Label > Label Frame > Frame Shape.

David
Hi David -

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that one, but it does not allow me to add a pointer to the label. I seem to be unable to have the circle (or any geometry around the text) AND have a pointer on the other end. Am I missing something?
13.2 macOS Ventura
Sam Wheatley
Contributor
Have you tried the RD label with a pointer. It worked for me.
ArchiCad 26 US

IMac Pro

iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 16 GB

NIVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
jkershaw
Enthusiast
Sam wrote:
Have you tried the RD label with a pointer. It worked for me.
help me out... what's the RD label?
13.2 macOS Ventura
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jkershaw wrote:
David wrote:
jkershaw:

David
Hi David -

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that one, but it does not allow me to add a pointer to the label. I seem to be unable to have the circle (or any geometry around the text) AND have a pointer on the other end. Am I missing something?
No, I now see what you want and I don't see a Label that will keep its custom shape when the Pointer is activated. The closest I can get is the NCS Indicator 19, Type set to Fixed Furniture (to get the circle shape), but there is no parameter for the size of the circle. Looking into the 2D Script, the circle size is fixed at ' NCS standard 1/4" '.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erich
Contributor
You can try the one here Shape Label JM16
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
jkershaw
Enthusiast
Erich wrote:
You can try the one here Shape Label JM16
That's just about perfect and entirely workable. Thank you!
13.2 macOS Ventura