Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

comma in dimensions

Aussie John
Newcomer
Now that in 10.4.2 the systems prefs doesnt allow you turn off the comma in numbers, is this possible to not see a comma in a dimension string?
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
9 REPLIES 9
Djordje
Ace
Aussie wrote:
Now that in 10.4.2 the systems prefs doesnt allow you turn off the comma in numbers, is this possible to not see a comma in a dimension string?
Put a blank as thousands separator
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Aussie John
Newcomer
Thanks Djorde but the numbering format in the system pref no longer can be customized. Think it must be a bug in the Mac OS
Cheers John
[/size]
Aussie John
Newcomer
ok I think I managed to trick the prefs.
I selected American computer as my region - That set the right number format - then customised the date. A backwards way of doing it but it works
Cheers John
[/size]
Aussie John
Newcomer
After all that it the comma is still present in my dimensions. Maybe I'll grow to like them.
Cheers John
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just discovered this same problem. Anyone have a solution or a workaround? Maybe we need to bug Apple about it.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Ray - since you are the only person to comment maybe it is an Australian bug
Cheers John
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
Ray - since you are the only person to comment maybe it is an Australian bug
Could be.

Or I'm wondering if when you upgrade to 10.4.2 the system keeps a kind of internal preference until you change something in your International Formats and then you can't customize back to have a space instead of a comma.

I'm just supposing this may be the case, as our Computer Administrator changed all our formats to suit our new Project Database. But some people still have spaces instead of commas, so maybe they didn't get changed, and retained their old prefs. Another reason is that under Region in the International Formats I flicked from 'Australia' back to 'Custom' which is at the bottom of the list and it looked like it switches back to the last saved custom prefs, as the example display on this window then showed spaces instead of commas as we had previously had set. But after restarting ArchiCAD I'm still getting commas....

Frustrating.

I still don't understand why a CAD programme shouldn't have it's own settings for displaying numbers, as invariably across the use of a computer there will be different ways in which one would want numbers to display. One central pref for the whole computer seems a bit inflexible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Further to this, to anyone that's interested, this is an issue that other Apple users are complaining about. See this discussion:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?128@778.VDmNa2pE6aw.4@.68adbf08
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello gents. was there a resolution to this problem? as i have read through most posts and still no definitive answer. the link posted by ray franke is broken. is the answer here.

many thanks in advance