BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

copying text from hotlink module

ahmad525
Booster

hey all

im trying to edit the hotlink i have for general notes and make some amendments. 

the module was created in AC 19 and now im using AC 25. the issue is sometime when i open the module from inside the pln file as a (open in new instance) it shows partial parts of the text and not the whole thing and different style (looks the same text as i initially edited before making module).

another issue is when i open the pln file externally and try to copy and paste into a fresh new pln file it paste everything in the same ref. point over each other and i cant seem to figure out how to fix this issue.

please find snippets below.

ahmad525_0-1678060234338.png

ahmad525_1-1678060255939.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

are the drawing scales the same between your origin file (v19) & the file you're pasting it to (v25)?

also, are the text boxes in v19 actual Text or Labels? because i was going to also suggest checking the anchor points. anchor points matter with Labels & not so much with Text.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

are the drawing scales the same between your origin file (v19) & the file you're pasting it to (v25)?

also, are the text boxes in v19 actual Text or Labels? because i was going to also suggest checking the anchor points. anchor points matter with Labels & not so much with Text.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

well thank you mate.

sometimes its just as easy as checking the scale ! i even copied within a worksheet but it was still the same. i shouldve checked the scale. 

Learn and get certified!