BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

detail tool and renovation status

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I make my detail view set maintain the renovation status? It keeps defaulting to existing status and I need it to be in planned status. The way I'm working around that right now is creating a new viewset but then I can't update the detail to the model when needed. What am I missing?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
In Project Map select your detail, right click and select View Settings, change your Renovation Filter and click OK.
Screen shot 2013-11-21 at 9.40.29 AM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
I unfortunately don't have that option. When I try to save the settings, I get the following.
Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 1.42.39 PM.png
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
doober922:

See this thread:
Can't amend renovation status in viewset created from detail

s2art might be using the Section Tool (or another Tool) for his details.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum
If you had a nickel for everytime you've said that!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steven wrote:
David wrote:
You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum
If you had a nickel for everytime you've said that!
OK, let's see: approximately 2,500 posts, maybe 5% have that snippet, so 125 snippets x $0.05 = $6.25. Guess I'll be keeping my day job. [wink]

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I went to the previous post you listed but it still does not stick. It's very frustrating!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Playing with this a bit, it looks like the Detail has the Renovation Filter at the time of creation, with no way to change this after the Detail View has been created. One work around is to set the desired Renovation Filter for the Detail, Rebuild from Source, use the Organizer to create a new Detail View (with the correct Renovation Filter), then change the Link Drawing To... for any Details that have placed on a Layout. The Warning shown at Can't amend renovation status in viewset created from detail is either incorrect or very poorly worded. It would be good to know a more direct solution.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
doober922:

s2art might be using the Section Tool (or another Tool) for his details.

David
The difference seems to be whether the detail marker is a Source Marker or Linked Marker. A detail using Source Marker does not recognise different renovation filters, but a Linked Marker does. An Independent Detail lets you apply Reno filters too. Maybe someone with more knowledge and understanding of the intricacies of these detail markers can explain further.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot how I fixed this so I did a search again. Then I remembered that for me it had to do with having the Detail view in a Clone folder within the View map. The details will "Hard-code" the Renovation status within the Clone Folders settings.
Learn and get certified!