BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

details with custom window and door frames

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys

I was wondering what techniques you use to add a detailed window/door frame from a manufacturer on your details (scale 1:5)?

I am asking this cause right now I am importing them from autocad and making them into 2d objects with hotspots, but I already see two problems:

-first the fact that is really easy to resize without noticing making all the detail inaccurate

-second, if i need to add more hotspots,add or remove elements or edit it is just really time consuming

I think making them into a simple group isn't a good solution either so right now i am a bit clueless.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this one.

Best regards

Luis
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can lock the A and B parameters by hiding them. Open the object, go to the parameters and under Display cross them out. This should stop the object resizing.

I make 2d objects with hotspots by just pasting the linework and fills into the 2d symbol window. Editing them is just as fast as editing a simple group.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erwin

thanks for your reply

- I tried that already but you can still change its size by dragging one of the corners. is there any to lock it?

for the 2d object making I will use that option for sure I didn't thought of that solution for the 2d object mak
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try adding this bit of 2d script
FRAGMENT2 1,0
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!