Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

elevation and level dimension problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
see the image
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you rightclick on the section/elevations in the navigator, and enter the settings, you'll find the "story levels in section, and there you have access to the settings of the linetext.

If you enter the settings of the slab, and under "outlines" and "uncut Line Pens, you select a white pen, to make it blend into the background.

I hope this helps. 😃
________
VAPORIZER VOLCANO
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Vivi:

For the elevation marker text:
1. Go to your On-Screen Display Options and turn on Textbox Handles, this will make selecting the marker text easier.
2. The text will now have a small "L" shaped marker at the lower left corner. Select the text with this marker.
3. Now go to Edit > Dimension Text Settings... and you will get a dialog box. I am guessing that this will have the Autotext option selected (see image below). You will want to leave the bracketed part, just select and delete the text portion.

For the slab edge line:

The edge of slab material and the wall face material must be the same material, and the face of the edge of the slab and the wall must be in the same plane.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
you are rights about the slab thing david but for the elevation level text i was looking for a way to make them all at once. one by one takes a lot of time. thanks a lot 🙂
Aussie John
Newcomer
in the storey settings (command 7) you can control which storeys have the text and level marker
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
you are rights about the slab thing david but for the elevation level text i was looking for a way to make them all at once. one by one takes a lot of time. thanks a lot 🙂
You could just shift select all the dimension texts and change them at the same time. Made easier now with quick select, so make sure you have that indented in your Info Box.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i could but it would also change the number of my level dimension.
thanks guys
Anonymous
Not applicable
atab wrote:
If you enter the settings of the slab, and under "outlines" and "uncut Line Pens, you select a white pen, to make it blend into the background.
Will this work for all slabs that show their faces undesirably in section or elevation? This problem drive me nuts.

Wendy
Anonymous
Not applicable
this will work very well indeed but most of the times we want the horizontal lines to disappear but still the vertical lines that show the thickness of the slab to remain there under the wall end. so what happens?
the perfect solution is to draw all the walls and slabs to the same story but this is not so easy so i think that some things have to be done with lines in a section elevation that is not an autorebuilt model but a drawing (after of course you ve finished with your floor plans
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
yes i could but it would also change the number of my level dimension.
thanks guys
It shouldn't change the actual dimension, just the additional text.

Cheers,
Link.