Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

empty Pdf

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi!

I am trying to save some drawings in pdf and when I do save it, it worked first today... and second, third and fourth time pdf showing black (white) page. Nothing on it. I am also trying saving as jpeg/png but can't select one drawing it saves as whole plans instead so completely useless. 

anyone else with archicad errors?

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cocoloco
Advocate

Restarting computer helped 😾

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Frillex
Advocate

Do you publish them? Or do you Print and and then save them as PDF? 

Do you use the marquee tool? I think you will need to be more specific if u want help.

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

no we don’t print and then save them as pdf. We save them as PDF and then print. We don’t publish. 

we saved the same drawing in pdf 10mins before this one without issue in fact it’s a same drawing so we just re-saved it after doing adjustments but it show blank page. I repeat that, the same drawing was ok 10 mins before in case it gets lost again.😂

Frillex
Advocate

By print i mean do you use the "save as PDF" from the print option?

Why don't you try to publish the drawing as PDF, it might solve this. 

I think we lack some important information here. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Yes we use “save as”. I don’t understand why publishing may solve the issue? We never used it for  the last 5 years and certainly don’t have reason start using it. We always “save us” whatever we do. Certainly it should work whether we use publishing or not. 

Lingwisyer
Guru

What is the file size of the blank pdfs?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Then I suggest that you certainly don't try to use publish to find out if that works in order to find out what may be causing this problem. I wasn't even trying to help, i was only trying to annoy you. 

Good luck.

Felix out. 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

65kb . its interesting because on the icon itself, it shows there is some drawing but then I open it and its empty . usually the pdf shall have around 1-3mb its literally just a floor plan 200m2. 

I probably came rude, and I am sorry. We work certain way (saving drawings as pdf) and publishing should not be only solution to saving pdf files as long as save as pdf is the option. 

Lingwisyer
Guru

Preview shows something... have you tried a different viewer? Though 65kb is too small to contain much... Can you print fine from your model?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660