BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

grid element tool custom settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used the Interior and Exterior elevation tools to create my all my elevations. I would like to have the grid displayed in both interiors and exteriors. Even though I use the custom settings in the grid element tools section/elev choices (opened from the view window) they all change uniformly across all elevations. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, because that setting applies to a given Grid Element, not to a given Viewpoint. So the setting is element-specific, not Viewpoint-specific and applies to its display in all Viewpoints.
There is no Viewpoint-specific override that could change that, except drawing a white fill over it to cover it up.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhhh- got it! Thanks so much, Laszlo.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just one more thing- and I apologize if I'm not understanding something- if I open one of my elevation views in my view map, select the grid and open the tool, and hover over the 'custom' setting, I receive the attached message (see below). This is what led me to believe that I could control the hgt. of the column bubble in different views.
Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 2.09.59 PM.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Oops, sorry, I misunderstood your question.
So yes, when you select the Custom option, you can define the settings for the Grid Element individually in each Viewpoint.

What you need to do is select the Interior Elevation, go to its Settings Dialog, and check the "Show Grid Elements' checkbox in its Grid Tool panel.
This checkbox by default is checked for Sections and Elevations, but unchecked for Interior Elevations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!
andyb wrote:
Just one more thing- and I apologize if I'm not understanding something- if I open one of my elevation views in my view map, select the grid and open the tool, and hover over the 'custom' setting, I receive the attached message (see below). This is what led me to believe that I could control the hgt. of the column bubble in different views.
This does not appear to be working in AC18 6000. We are unable to create Custom settings for grid elements in sections or elevations. I've tried altering this from both the project map and the view map. I've also tested with grid elements placed separately as well as using the grid system. Also tried graphic editing of individual grids in a section window. The changes made in one window are inherited by the others.

Same result. Not as suggested by the hint bubble.

Did this work and get broken? or is the hint bubble in the previous comment false?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, this seems like a bug. This is how it is supposed to work:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/too...

However, I can confirm that this Custom setting is currently not working in AC19 either.
Also the other field, the Copy from field in the upper right corner of the panel does not work either.
I will report this to Graphisoft.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lazlo and Aaron- thanks for confirming this feature is not working....I thought I was losing my mind! Thanks again.
DVH
Participant
laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, this seems like a bug. This is how it is supposed to work:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/too...

However, I can confirm that this Custom setting is currently not working in AC19 either.
Also the other field, the Copy from field in the upper right corner of the panel does not work either.
I will report this to Graphisoft.
Laszio,

The Grid Tool is still not working in elevation/ sections in ArchiCAD 21. The grid line offsets jump around and overlap and the custom features don't work.
If I adjust the grid offsets to not overlap in one elevation then go an look at the opposite elevation they are all flipped around. Why aren't they mirrors of each other. Four generations of ArchiCAD later....Is their a fix for this yet?
Dwayne Van Horn - Architect & AC User Since 1994
AC_27 MacBook Pro M3 Max, OSX 14.3
Levin Brown Architects, 2016- Present
Learn and get certified!