Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

is there a way to . .. unlink 3D doc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to somehow unlink 3d document from rest of the model.
I want to play around with, lets say this 3d of stairs and i dont want to this cnahges in 3d impact my model. (this is AC13)

this could be wish too . . .
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Copy + Paste.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
i wish that drawing can stay 3d document /i dont want to turn it to the lines and fills. I stoped doing that 3 years ago
I wannt it to be 3d document unlinked from model . . . no lines but but real 3d object !
Eduardo Rolon
You cannot pretend to unlink a model and for it to remain "linked".

Why don't you create another copy of the stair model and then 3D document that one.

The answer is still Copy + Paste.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
U see, then i dont need 3d documents at all, cos i can alwys do that with marquee tool...and put 3d drawing as independed detail...
I dont want to create more 3d then i need and i think that this is not a rocket sicence to be part of 3d documents,Some kind of unlink from model...

When you create copy of that 3d then archicad will awys use that elements in schedules and i will lose time trying to remove these copy parts from schedules, i will loose time in 2d and 3d redrawings, i will have something that i dont need !

I want to use archicad as BIM nothing less and nothing more so thats why i want 3d documents to be somehow unlinked from model, cos u can do intersting 3d details that can be very helpfull for someone that use them.

But dosnt matter anymore cos i cant get what i want . . .
owen
Newcomer
So you want to unlink the 3D Document so it remains 3D but has no connection to the ArchiCAD model?

Nice idea but i think this is related to the 3D in Worksheets wish .... as in currently there is no 3D space in ArchiCAD that is independent from the Storey-based model space, which i think would be needed.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5