BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

making text editable from masters on each sheet

Anonymous
Not applicable
So i have a specific issue where our title sheets have plenty of non-editable text as well as auto text, which is currently working great. however, we do have a couple of lines for revisions (name, date and #) which need to be editable on each and every sheet. currently I have just left those text lines out of the master and just copy and past them into each sheet, but that kind of takes the beauty out of using a master template.

Is there any way to make text, that is on the master show up as editable on each sheet?

I know cadimage has done it with their keynote addon, because i put their keynote node on the master and it gets auto updated with the keynotes in each sheet. Perhaps there is a way to create a worksheet with renovation information which updates per sheet too... Yes i know cadimage has a renovation addon, but we are already spending too much on addons now.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
adambeazley wrote:
Is there any way to make text, that is on the master show up as editable on each sheet?
No. What's on the master is only editable there.

Just use custom Autotext - you can create any fields you want File > Info > Project Info. That's how I get the content you mention into my title block.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought about using custom text: Revision 1 Desc, revision 1 date, revision 1 No, but we dont list all revisions on every sheet, we only list revisions relevant to that particular sheet. In other words, sheet A100 may have 3 revisions, while A401 may only have one.

Is there a way to do that with auto-text?
Karl Ottenstein
adambeazley wrote:
Is there a way to do that with auto-text?
Nope. Sorry. In that case, what using Project Info at least does for you is let you place the revisions on each sheet (and even copy/past the autotext fields) ... but being autotext, if you find you need to edit the description of the revision, you can at least edit it just once in Project Info and have it change automatically everywhere... vs the method you first mentioned where you would have to open each sheet and edit each manually (or repeat the copy/paste).

Cadimage is the only solution I know of... this is something that Graphisoft has long overlooked for some unknown reason (everybody needs it... so not sure why it isn't built-in)...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!