Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

pesky .pmk extension on Drawing Title

Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies if this has been covered:

I am using AutoText to automate <Drawing Titles> on Layouts.

For exterior elevations, in the ArchiCAD section marker dialogue box I title the drawing "NORTH ELEVATION". When I "Save As" Plotmaker and Import onto the Layout, the automatic Drawing Title reads "NORTH ELEVATION.pmk", even though I've deleted the .pmk in the Save As dialogue box.

How can I get ArchiCad/Plotmaker to drop the ".pmk" extension on the Drawing Title?

Thank you,
Doug
Mac OSX10.2.1
8.1/3.1 pltmk
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I am using AutoText to automate <Drawing Titles> on Layouts.

For exterior elevations, in the ArchiCAD section marker dialogue box I title the drawing "NORTH ELEVATION". When I "Save As" Plotmaker and Import onto the Layout, the automatic Drawing Title reads "NORTH ELEVATION.pmk", even though I've deleted the .pmk in the Save As dialogue box.

How can I get ArchiCad/Plotmaker to drop the ".pmk" extension on the Drawing Title?
Doug:

The file will still have the extension (check this by viewing the file in the Finder). You will not have this problem if you import your drawings directly from the ArchiCAD file. Also check your build number. While this happened in earlier versions, I could not reproduce your problem with the current build (2284).

HTH

David Maudlin
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David is right. In the latest build there is now an option in the autotext for Drawing Name and Drawing Name with Extension.

I have never understood why anyone would actually want the extension, but I suppose they have retained that option in case someone does.
Djordje
Ace
Matthew wrote:
David is right. In the latest build there is now an option in the autotext for Drawing Name and Drawing Name with Extension.
Speaking of which ... is your signature not updated, or are you really still at R1/V1?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje:

On David and Mathew's suggestion, I've upgraded to 8.1 build 2284, but not yet the latest 8.1 library, which I'm having trouble downloading off the graphisite. Please see new topic, Detail Automation SNAFU.

Sometimes I am unable to Reply to a topic, but can only begin a new one.

Many thanks for your helpful responses.

Doug
Mac OSX10.2.1
ArchiCAD 8.1 (2284)
Pltmkr 3.1.0 V2 (2284)