Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

plotmaker 3.1 q's about fills, linked views and titles names

Eduardo Rolon
Three q's that I have not been able to fix and need help:
1) when i link views or pmks from AC to PM the fills even though solid become transparent showing elements that i don't need.
2) On update from linked views PM hangs up and freezes requiring that i shut down the comp, since force quit does not work.
3) title names from linked views using <drawingname> display correctly (no .pmk ext) but since i cant use the link views and i am using pmk's then i get the .pmk extension on the title. Is there a way to get rid of it without exploding the title and editing the text. ( I have tried publishing from AC without the extensions and setting OS X to not show them but they always appear.)

Appreciate the help
ejrolón
PWB 1.33 1GB ram
OS Panther 10.3.2
AC 8.1 V1

[/img]
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
ejrolon wrote:
1) when i link views or pmks from AC to PM the fills even though solid become transparent showing elements that i don't need.
Check the fill background setting in ArchiCAD; check the fill setting in PlotMaker - by default it is on Bitmap, I usually switch it to Keep original settings (see attached).

Does it print correctly form ArchiCAD?
2) On update from linked views PM hangs up and freezes requiring that i shut down the comp, since force quit does not work.
This sounds like a memory leak; try closing ArchiCAD when you are updating, as another background ArchiCAD is strating up anyway. Did you download and apply the patch?
3) title names from linked views using <drawingname> display correctly (no .pmk ext) but since i cant use the link views and i am using pmk's then i get the .pmk extension on the title. Is there a way to get rid of it without exploding the title and editing the text. ( I have tried publishing from AC without the extensions and setting OS X to not show them but they always appear.)
Regretfully there is no workaround around this, except covering the extensions with fills Therefore auto titles work best with linked views.
Pm Fills.jpg
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Eduardo Rolon
It prints perfectly from AC. In PM what i get is what i see. I am running 8.1.0v1 (1410) and PM 3.1.0 (1410).
BTW how does one fix a memory leak?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Changed the settings in PM and now it prints the same as in AC.
Thanks
Still can't get to update the PM file views even though i am not running any progs except OS X system stuff.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Now PM does not hangup but when i try to update I get error

"256 file is not found, connection failed"

which is absurd since i work on only one machine, there is no network and i can open the file either using AC or BgAC. I have tried relinking the files and it does not work.

any help is appreciated
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
this has become a monologue. My solution to the "error 256"

delete the grafisoft folder under

"<username>/library/cache/"

Did that and BgAC started working ok and updating fast.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Djordje
Ace
ejrolon wrote:
this has become a monologue. My solution to the "error 256"

delete the grafisoft folder under

"<username>/library/cache/"

Did that and BgAC started working ok and updating fast.
Sorry ... Christmas and all that ...

This says that you had a case of corrupt library cache; gald you found it!

Enjoy!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen