Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

plotmaker auto redraw

David Bearss
Booster
I often open both ArchiCAD and the plotmaker file for the project I am working on and jump between ArchiCAD and plotmaker. I am experiencing a loss of automatic redraw in plotmaker while the project in ArchiCAD is still open. But not always right from the start. Does not seem to matter if auto redraw is checked or not. Switching between layouts requires refresh.
Rebooting plotmaker fixes but modifying in ArchiCAD, then saving seems to cause loss of redraw.

any ideas?

I use a Dell inspiron laptop with a desktop monitor plugged in for a dual monitor setup.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
Did you save the Archicad file? I think Plotmaker only reads the file on disk, not what you have open.

BTW, switching between the two ALWAYS requires the layout to be updated. You will never see the exact same content in Plotmaker without some kind of delay. Is that what you're asking?
Tom Waltz
David Bearss
Booster
Tom,
The update between ArchiCad and Plotmaker work fine. This is mainly within plotmaker but happens when ArchiCAD is open and running.

typical scenario: I am working in plotmaker with same project open in Archicad. In plotmaker I am working with drawings and layouts and stuff and realise that I put a toilet on the roof or something like that. Make the correction in Archicad and save for later plotmaker update. Working on plotmaker back and forth working with Archicad. Then for no reason, I move back to plotmaker window and the workspace is blank background. see attachment Blank. Refreshing brings back work area.

This is certainly not a big issue. Seems that a system reboot cures for indeterminant time.

I am wondering if this might be a graphics card conflict. Karl Ottenstein posted a minor glitch with the Nvidia Gforce graphics card that might be the cause. Anybody else experience this?
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram