Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

publishing to different pdf page sizes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to work out how to publish a set of plans that I have in the layout book at A3 so that I can have a copy also in A4 format without having to set up a different set of layout pages or indiviualy reprinting the pdf pages to A4.

in other words...

Is there some way to reprint all the pdf output of an A3 formatted layout book to have an A4 copy with the click of one "publish" button???

merci
Lisa
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Publisher Set, you can create another set for the A4 printouts. For this you do not need to create new Layouts, you can just drag and drop them again from the Layout Book to the Publisher Sets.
Then you can specify A4 paper size and 70.71% magnification for that set. This way the A3 size drawings will fit the A4 paper.

Another way is if you print your set as an A3 PDF file, then in Adobe Acrobat you can print that A3 set resized to A4 size with a single click.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for the reply.
Yes, I just realised that I could print as a single PDF which I could then reprint very easily to A4. Ironicly I sent such a file to someone today and they said they couldnt open it from the email attachment, could I send the plans as seperate pdfs.

So I will try your first suggestion,

thank you again