Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

"Upgraded" to 25 an worried

Rick Thompson
Expert

I recently joined the up to date club.  I'm pretty sure my Mac is fine for 25 and Monterey, but it is so sluggish selecting an object, stretching a wall.. etc, I'm worried.  Those simple actions will spin the colored ball a few seconds.  I contacted support, but I am wondering if anyone else is has that issue.  I was expecting it to be more responsive.  I opened a clean pln and get the same sluggishness.  

The grey area on the section/elevations is something I'd rather not look at. I see it allows expanding the cut plane, but I'd like the screen to be all white.  Is there a way to turn that off?  I can't find it.

ps... I am tickled my status is "newcomer" 🙂  I remember being on this forum when it was just email exchanges between a small group of users ... LOL  

Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi @Rick Thompson , for the grey area of section & elevation here’s the answer

37EB8B83-96FF-42E3-874C-345A0A8C9866.png

76BC595D-340D-43A9-B4C0-9581B56D52B5.png

5215F8CF-759F-4761-91A2-2603A9376CD7.png

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution

Hi @Rick Thompson , for the grey area of section & elevation here’s the answer

37EB8B83-96FF-42E3-874C-345A0A8C9866.png

76BC595D-340D-43A9-B4C0-9581B56D52B5.png

5215F8CF-759F-4761-91A2-2603A9376CD7.png

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
DGSketcher
Legend

The downside of adjusting the section view width is it also alters the source marker which may lead to notation clashes. I have got used to the grey and actually find it quite useful.

@Rick Thompson you've been around long enough that like my account you will probably get an upgrade every post you make and soon find yourself in the Rockstar club... 😎.   

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Rick Thompson
Expert

Yeah.. I hear you.  And, since I can't do it globally I am sure not going to change every section/elevation I have.  I sell stock plans, a=so have hundreds, and I'll look forward to getting use to it 🙂  I have already risen to a Contributor... holy smokin rockets...

Thanks

Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display
PB
Advocate

Currently getting very, very slow transitions from/to 3D window. Switching between floors is fine, but sections & elevations also very, very slow. Spinning beach ball for more than 30 seconds - even the model has not been changed in any way - making the design process very frustrating (alternating between plan & 3D window often).

AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
Rick Thompson
Expert

Thanks for the reply.  Today I installed AC24 (I was on 20).  I ran a quick test before running the update.  Selecting was as normal.. responsive (but a quick test, and quitting crashed).  After the 70xx update, it became sluggish again.  This makes me think it's Monterey, but downgrading to Big Sur is not something I want to do.  

Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display

An update to my slow AC issues: The cause was CI Tools - a fresh install remedied the matter.

Thank you to Graphisoft support (UAS) in the UK for their very rapid response and for finding the culprit

Hey Rick.  Monterey not without problems either, although I have no delays selecting and stretching etc once AC finaly launches.   I randomly have many minutes of spinning beachball when I launch AC 25 on Monterey before the startup dialog shows up.  Then randomly long times of spinning beachball after I click "New..." before the template selection dialog appears.   Super frustrating.  No CI tools or other 3rd party stuff installed, and my system is ridiculously high end.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rick Thompson
Expert

Thanks for the feedback.  It's been real frustrating, to say the lease, but support is trying, I'll give them that.  I have reinstalled AC25, tried 24, cleaned preferences... created a new user... probably other things.  Maybe something deep in the OS?  I've always wondered what I have brought along deep inside from those years of beta testing??  It's really slow doing any simple task. 3D, switching stories..  everything else seems just fine.  The mouse just doesn't grab or release without spinning the ball... 75% of the time, more or less.  That's not a scientific statement:)  No CI tools for me.. no add-on really.  After a fresh 25 install.. opening a default pln.. default everything.. spinning ball:(  

Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display

I have been pulling my hair out this last week with crippling problems with AC25 on MacOS 12. The issue included spinning beach ball / crashing / elements not being selectable / elements disappearing from the 3D window. Eventually traced to issues with renovation status: All the problematic elements had SEO operations where one or more of the objects (meshes, walls, stairs) were assigned differing renovation status. As soon as all the elements were assigned the same renovation status the problem disappeared !

Long shot, but might be relevant....good luck.....