Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

renovation Status

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay I may be missing something but I have watched all the videos on the Graphisoft website regarding Renovation in v15 and I have looked through the forum and don't see anyone else having this issue....

I have an existing wall and I want to pop in a door but I also want to show an opening being made on the demolition plan. My question is how do I fix this without popping in an empty opening to show the demolition?

Thanks!

See photo below.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
And these are the new openings....
Photo2.PNG
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
JennB:

To have a demo plan that shows existing walls with solid lines and dashed lines where the new openings will be, set the Renovation Filter Options for Demolition Plan to:
Existing Elements: Show
Elements to be Demolished: Override
New Elements: Hide

In the Renovation Override Styles > Override Styles for Elements to be Demolished: check Line Type and set to Dashed.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Weird... I swear I had a signature... I don't know why it changed.

Thank you for you help.... I was missing one thing: Setting the Elements to be demolished to Override.

It's always something so simple.

Thanks again.

Jenn