Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

rotated view in elevation ... possible bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today a member of the team experienced a weird behaviour ... One of the elevations was rotated . ( in view map and model map ) the levels text , dimensions and levels were fixed horizontal . ( 90 degrees ) exactly the same behaviour of rotating a view ( which is not possible in the elevations , sections window ) ( in layout it was fine) .
and there was no way of rotating it back . later I noticed that this happened after this particular elevation was used as a trace reference of a rotated plan and (switch reference / active ) button was used . the solution was to go to plan and reference that elevation ..rotate the plan view ..then use (switch reference / active ) button .

Not sure that this is a normal behaviour . it happened on a team work file AC13 .
18 REPLIES 18

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report!

So far, we haven't received any similar issue through our partner channel. I'm wondering if you could share some photos of the issue, and how you reach this stage?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi, i have the same issue even when i open from source view which is shown normal itself.

slavapolic_0-1635417797489.png

its fixed when i used redefine setting from another normal view!

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report!

As far as I know, this was a known issue in Archicad 23. With the latest update, the issue should be fixed after Open & Repair. I'm wondering which Archicad version you are using, and if you have the latest update installed?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Nguyen,

I am using 25 but open and repair would mean i have to shut down and reopen a really big file, in todays capitalism I would be happy to avoid loosing 20 minutes.

The issue persists and randomly takes on every so often, for a random selection of views, but redefine seems to correct it, however, it isnt ideal.
Thanks for your reply,

Slavica.

Hi Slavica,

Thank you very much for the detail! I see, so the problem is not similar to what we had in the past. If it happens on Archicad 25, we just had a similar report recently of the same issue. It is still being investigated. As soon as we find out the reason behind it, I will let you know!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Slavica,

From the reported case I mentioned previously, we found that there was a hidden object in the project that messed up the elevation orientation. But I'm not sure whether this is your case. For further investigation, you may want to contact your local support to forward the specific file for investigation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 10.39.35 AM.png

Did it again. This section appeared normal when working on building existing drawings. I moved the section line slightly to temporarily capture something I needed to adjust and when I opened the section, it was rotated. I'm running 25

However it corrects if I open a section that is displaying correctly and then redefine with current window settings.

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 10.44.40 AM.png

 Still a weird bug