GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

3D Script Error in 2D Object

Geoff Briggs
Mentor

Hello. I just opened an older 2D Drawing Symbol object in AC26 and resaved it. I made a few minor edits to the parameter arrangement but did not changed any of the code. When I went to save I got the expected version warning where I chose to Overwrite. Then Archicad threw up a 3D script error. But Drawing Symbols have no 3D script, so what is going on here? Same things happens with Save-as.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 9.01.43 AM.png

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

I have seen GDL throw up unrelated errors when I assume the error checker can't relate to the problem or it doesn't have a stored response to the error. It may be that given the age of the original object there are deprecated commands in the script. If you have a copy of AC27 available try opening a copy in the new GDL editor as I believe deprecated commands are highlighted in red.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Geoff Briggs
Mentor

Good idea. My license will not be updated until Oct. 4. I will check when I get 27 up and running.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

You could try it in the beta or Tech Preview versions as well if it can't wait.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

Please run check script on the 2D script to see if you receive an error from the master script. There can be new ones without changing the code, because check script only checks with the default parameters.

It might be that during saving the master script is checked as 3D too, even though it won't ever be run with GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 3.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest