GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Controlling object's bounding box when moving

vlahtinen
Booster

Couldn't figure out, how to control an object's bounding box that appears when moving the object.

See the test object below with a polygon, a circle and a text. The text and the circle are not relevant when considering the placement of the object and should not snap to anything at any point. However the bounding box, that's visible while moving the object, is created from the whole object, including the text and the circle. Thus the object snaps to the adjacent fill (with diagonal fill pattern) at a point that's totally irrelevant for the placement of the object.

How to prevent this so that only the hotspots of the object snap to surrounding objects while moving? I tried to use GLOB_FEEDBACK_MODE, but it doesn't seem to have an effect when moving items.

(The example below is silly, but I have a real object where a hotspot and the automatically created bounding box are so close to each other that there's a real opportunity for error.)

image.png

Sample 2D script:

circle2 0, 0, 0.2

fill GLOB_FILL_INDEX_BACKGROUND

poly2_ 4, 1 + 2 + 4,
0, 0, 0,
0, 0.5, 0,
0.5, 0.5, 1,
0.5, 0, 1

hotspot2 0, 0, 101
hotspot2 0.5, 0.5, 102
hotspot2 0, 0.5, 103
hotspot2 0.5, 0, 104

if not(GLOB_FEEDBACK_MODE) then
text2 0, 0, "text2"
endif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

Sadly an easy answer here: you can't.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

Sadly an easy answer here: you can't.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Thanks for your answer.

The lack of this feature seems stupid, but yet I'm not surprised.

Let see how much this bugs me, maybe I'll make a wish.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!