GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL: Stacked Hotspot Parameter Visibility

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

Is there some way to display all relevant hotspot parameters when you have multiple stacking? I have a few different hotspots which given certain inputs may be stacked, at which point some parameters are becoming inaccessible since it only seems to display two...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Not that I know of - even TABBING does not cycle through the hotspots.

I have a stretchy line object I use for site boundaries.

If I stretch it so 3 of those boundaries all have the same end point, then I only can ever see 2 lengths in the tracker.

Never the third.

Always the first two which may be because of the hotspot ID being incremental for each hotspot - not that that helps at all.

BarryKelly_0-1693189658349.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DavorP
Enthusiast

An IF statement perhaps to check the condition where coordinates of two hotspots overlap and add small value to have them separated? Easier said than done, I know but maybe possible.

BIM manager

I am currently in the process of doing this. 10 hotspots with 4 different conditions in 2 orientations, it is taking a while... I have used the 256 flag which may need to be changed since I have not been able to figure out how to only see the base point for some of the variations.

Barry: Always the first two which may be because of the hotspot ID being incremental for each hotspot - not that that helps at all.

If that is the case, I might be able to make a workable solution given I have set ranges for each type of hotspot.

Does not appear to be the case... I swapped around my ranges and it did not change anything. I also changed the script order to no avail.

Ling.

Lingwisyer
Guru

I just realised I could use the hotspot attribute modifiers on more than just the base hotspot... Decided against using offset hotspots as you create incorrect snapping locations, so I have just hidden the less relevant parameters when they are overlapping... Unless there is some way to make it so you cannot snap to a hotspot?

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!