BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Reload single object?

s_p_b
Booster

Does anyone know if it's possible to reload single GDL objects in Archicad, or do we need to do a full library reload every time we update an object?

I'm putting together a plugin to export Rhino geometry to Archicad GDL code, and plan to use the LP_XMLConverter tool to save the generated GDL code to a compiled .gsm object. But if I have to reload the whole library every time, it might be better to just copy-paste right into the Archicad GDL editor.

I'm aware of the GH-AC plugin's Object component, but I need a solution that lets me mix custom GDL code with Rhino-generated GDL. It would be even better to understand how the GH-AC connection is doing its live updates...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

If you are scripting objects from within Archicad (GDL editor), there is no need to re-load the library at all.

But if you are creating objects from outside Archicad, that are just amending or adding a file to a loaded library, then yes you will need to re-load that library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

If you are scripting objects from within Archicad (GDL editor), there is no need to re-load the library at all.

But if you are creating objects from outside Archicad, that are just amending or adding a file to a loaded library, then yes you will need to re-load that library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jochen Suehlo
Advisor

If you are using the LP_XML_CONVERTER Tool you always have to reload the library.
A single object cannot be loaded (except in the embedded library), you must put the object into a folder and then relod the library.

I created a tool for MAC, called GDLnucleus, which is able to do the Conversions by mouseclick.
When I am in Archicad I press a self created shortcut "F7" to reload the library, which is pretty fast.

Jochen Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 14.4 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de

Okay, thanks.If you are worried about your Harriet-Tubman essays because you are not a good writer. I advise visiting 

this website at https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/harriet-tubman/ This website will assist you in completing your essay on time and will give you access to several examples of expert essays from which you may create a piece of original content. I can read your list as well, which is quite useful.
Learn and get certified!