GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Reno status in Label

Geoff Briggs
Mentor

Hello. I have what I hope is an easy request. I want to determine the renovation status of the parent element in an associated label. My purpose is simple: If the parent is Existing or Demo I want the label to appear one way, if it is New a different appearance. I found the request in the reference guide <n = APPLICATION_QUERY (extension_name, "GetParameter(parID)", parValue)> but I'm confused by the (parID) part and am hoping someone can post a code snip as an example. Thanks.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Geoff!

It's indeed nowhere directly documented what to put there as arguments. It's kind of hidden behind this code:
https://gdl.graphisoft.com/reference-guide/application-query-options#idm7974181136

I ran the code from the gdl reference guide above to get the actual parID.
After simplifying it to only the renovation status (and changing the extension_name to ParentCustomParameters), you get something like:

parValue = ""
n = APPLICATION_QUERY ("ParentCustomParameters", "GetParameter(Renovation.RenovationStatus)", parValue)
text2 0, 0, "RenovationStatus: " + parValue

Hope that helps!
Bernd

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com

Thank you Bernd, I will give that a try.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!