Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Roof pivot line

Bruce
Expert

Is there a way to find out the vertices coordinates of the roof pivot line in GDL?  I know it must be possible for roof accessories, but can't find anything in GDL.

Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce
Expert

Anyone?

Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
LucaP
Enthusiast

I'm afraid there is none.

Trying to automatically orientate your magic roof pitch label, aren't we? 😉 (btw. still can't thank you enough for creating your content regarding gdl - keep up the good work!).

I once came across a Skylight (!) Object functioning as roof pitch label. The label works, though I hate the fact that you have to use a skylight to label a roof pitch - that just sounds wrong 🤔 Maybe you could try to backward engineer it (I haven't tried that yet due to lack of advanced gdl knowledge and lack of time to be honest), but maybe it is hardcoded that a skylight can read a roof plane orientation and there's no way around it 😔

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Barry Kelly

I am not aware of a GDL command to get the information directly.

But I do know that the roof accessory stores the values in a parameter called ... ac_ref-coords.

It is the start and end co-ordinates in relation to the project origin.

Not sure if that will help.

Any object you create will have to be a roof accessory sub-type and applied the the roof accessory add-on.

Or you would have to find the API (add-on) command that retrieves this information - which I know nothing about.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert

Thanks guys.  I was aware of the accessories option, but that then changes it from a nice simple label into something far more obscure for the average user.

Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!