General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

ARM processors and Graphisoft Software in General

Nader Belal
Mentor

Hi there,
Lately I have seen a lot of talk about the coming new ARM processors, and specially those that would be Windows compatible (for lack of the proper terminology)

In few words, Snapdragon has created a processor that is almost as good as that of Apple's Silicone, Intel and AMD already have there own processors that is either under development or ready to ship if (by their words) the market conditions are right.
And yes, I´m aware that Microsoft Windows is still under development for ARM chips.

So what are Graphisoft's plans in this regards ? (at least in general)

Regards

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Jp1138
Expert

There has been a Windows for ARM since 2017-18 or so, it just hasn´t gained much traction yet, being basically used in Microsoft Surface devices as far as I know. With the new allegedly AI centred processors it´s becoming more prominent. It may be interesting to know GS stance on the matter, though.

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Solution

According to this 2022 article they are looking at it, thinking seriously about it and have actually already bought the dev kit - wanting to be first in line when compatible OS arrives.

https://aecmag.com/bim/graphisofts-new-architecture-for-architecture/

Nice catch.

In other words, they are on the fence, and seriously I think that is the smart thing to do right now

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

That was a FLOP. It was made by the marketing geniuses in Microsoft cause it wanted to show muscle, and it was a total disaster.

Setup info provided by author