General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad 26 is here!

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is the connecting forum thread for Archicad 26 is here!

What is your favourite new feature? Share your thoughts and opinion here!

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

143 REPLIES 143

Downloading it now! The UAS Downloads Menu has disappeared, is it because it is being updated?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Check the URL has UK at the end: https://Graphisoft.com/uk and this will show the UAS Downloads subheading

Thanks. Do you know when the Library Part Maker and Additional Surface Catalogue, Libraries etc will be available for download? We're looking at rolling out AC26 asap, I've been testing it for long enough 😉

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
mi_jan
Enthusiast

There is an error in the downloads page, it still says download 25, when you click on that it then gives you Archicad 26. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 9.51.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 9.51.46 AM.png

iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build

Thanks for the heads up! We are working on it currently to fix the link as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

See if this link works for you.  If not USA or INT, you may need to change the version code in the URL:

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?localization=USA&type=FULL&version=25

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

This hyperlink works, Karl! Thanks for sharing it!

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

Is it that problematic? Every year the same. "Download now!" and anything is every time messed up.

bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm

Is worse, it should be: "download now, you'll be able to use it one of these days, maybe next month"

InstantGlueck
Contributor

No ARM version for the Mac?

Nope, sometime in the future. If we are lucky, before 27 comes out.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I hope not

They said preview version in 2 weeks, then "normal" release sometime in Q4 2022.

...so yeah, non-constantly-crashing version in 27? 🙄

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

Thanks 

i didn’t see it.. link?

Based on information from yesterday's event, there will be a Preview version of the ARM-native version in a few weeks, and the final ARM-native version is expected in Q4 of this year.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

That is shocking! Q4? Really?  What the hell have they been doing for the past 2 years?

AC26 UK • iMac 24" M1 • MacBook Pro 1.4GHz | 8 gb ram • OSX13 Ventura
Eduardo Rolon

At this point there are no features in 26 that are worth the SSA.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

This is surprising to hear.

As I went down the list all I could see was,,,,"Okay that's an feature that might be interesting,.....no wait,.....you have to be an SSA customer for that...."

So even SSA customers are feeling like it's not worth the upgrade.

Graphisoft really S-ed the bed on this one, didn't they?

Jere
Expert

Noemi, with zero hesitation, I can say the ability to organize attributes and layers using a hierarchical structure is my favorite feature. I've been dreaming of this for a long time. It's particularly timely since I'm re-doing my templates from scratch.

ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660

Wait until you use it. It does not work hierarchally.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator