General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad’s Wholistic Approach ?

mthd
Mentor

What does this potentially mean for the future direction of development for Archicad ?

Please watch this video on the Archicad 24 world event, from 3 min 20 seconds, in for a few seconds.

https://youtu.be/4ZbI2EiGq6A

Did you notice why the basic functionality and the new features are not the focus right now ?

The answer is obvious but what does that mean for users like me who have used the program for low rise residential work ?

Be happy that the program is developed enough for us to use and forget about the basic functionality improvements for now ?

After all that is exactly why subsequent versions are now focused mainly on collaboration.

So please don’t complain about not getting much more in the way of basic functionality improvements ?

Are there really any better options available for us maybe Vectorworks or Allplan ?

Anyway just wishing that they would put the focus back on basic functionality.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
3 REPLIES 3
Miha_M
Advisor

I share your concern about the recent Archicad evolution. I noticed a lot of negative feedback about Archicad 26 in this matter. Graphisoft might have lost the usability focus in the recent past.

I would suggest GS to establish a simple user poll or I might just have one myself and publish the results here. It's one simple question with four answer options.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

The poll doesn't get any more votes, so here are the results. This is most likely not representative for the whole Archicad user base, but still:

Miha_M_0-1663665251916.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

mthd
Mentor

Thank you Miha_M.

please see this link provided by Bricklyne Clarence, for detailed information on the future direction of Archicad’s development by Graphisoft.

https://aecmag.com/bim/the-future-architecture-of-Graphisoft/?fbclid=IwAR2c6uqiAQsDqNTw_FkOFZjtYZlMJ...

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!