BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

Is there a keyboard shortcut to deselect all (reverse of CTRL+A)?

Fisher
Participant

On the floor plan when the arrow tool is selected in the toolbox, I can select every element on the floor plan with CTRL+A. It's a typical floor, that I want to copy+paste to floors above, avoiding some elements. After selecting all elements, I want to deselect all grid lines and dimensions without having to SHIFT+click each one I want to deselect. So what I'm asking is if there's a keyboard shortcut to deselect all, for instance when the grid element tool is selected in the toolbox, deselect all grid lines in one click, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
Barry Kelly

Not that I am aware of.

I would just set up the Find & Select to select all elements and not grid elements and not dimension.

You can then store that as a criteria set, so you don't have to create it again.

You can also export the criteria sets and import them into other files.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

Not that I am aware of.

I would just set up the Find & Select to select all elements and not grid elements and not dimension.

You can then store that as a criteria set, so you don't have to create it again.

You can also export the criteria sets and import them into other files.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you, your proposal works. I just needed to add the "is not" criteria for the elements I want to exclude and saving it as a criteria set, then selecting the elements. Have a good day, you've significantly saved my time.

Learn and get certified!