BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Leadership change at Graphisoft

Nuge
Advocate

Cant say i am disappointed, that man has done more damage to Archicad in his tenure than any other, hope the new guy will listen to the customer base

https://www.pbctoday.co.uk/news/digital-construction-news/bim-news/daniel-csillag-becomes-ceo-graphi...

AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
27 REPLIES 27

Agree. But it will be difficult to find someone with such a profile... unless the AI gets apointed as Graphisofts CEO.

I know lots of ArchiCAD users who possess such a background.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

I'm sure of that! But I forgot to add to the profile the following text: "who also wants to deal with an audience full of dissapointment and venomous and vitriolic comments AND myopic shareholders"    That surely reduces the total ammount of qualified candidates.

When Graphisoft and Nemetschek really want to solve the variety of issues related to ArchiCAD by classifying the wishes expressed from this platform in order of priority, they will know how to go into the Graphisoft employee existing pool and/or into the Graphisoft users pool and/or into the Graphisoft database to select the appropriate profile of volunteers, who used to working hard to solve ArchiCAD problems, as potential candidates to become Graphisoft CEO. They must trust and give greater responsibilities to those who have already proven themselves in the development of that software. From that moment, we, the users, can maintain hope that our wishes will seriously be heard. Otherwise, forget about it!

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Even if the new CEO was directly engaged with a panel of these experienced users, that could make a big difference for all of us ? 

Also you really need to have a separate specialized NURBS complex 3D parametric modeling software and not try to push Archicad to do that for you. As long as Archicad can import those 3D parametric NURBS models for the documentation process, that should really be enough in that line of development.

Just my thoughts.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Only an experimented practicing architect who has actively been working with BIM software programs can understand which reasonable tools we need for the architectural design process in ArchiCAD, and lead us in the right direction. If not, we'll continue advocating for, but unsuccessfully.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

correct,  someone who has worked with archicad in achitectural projects, and colaborase with enginers

Learn and get certified!