Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.
SOLVED!

Posting on Forums doesn't give sufficent "Label" options

Josh Verran
Expert

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this query/observation.
When ever I make a post, I want/have to add a label (great way to search later).

The only issue, is that you have to pick from one that already exists, but the options don't seem complete.

When you attempt to add one, you get a notification, "Correct the highlighted errors and try again.".
For example, below I posted a "Wish" regarding columns, "Columns" wasn't an available label, nor was "3D...".

Yet Beams and Objects are available.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 091906.jpg

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The right place for these discussions is the "Our Community" forum - which is where I've moved this topic.

The Graphisoft Community staff can answer the specifics and perhaps grant your request for additional labels.  It seems like an oversight that Beams is there yet Columns is not, as you say.

The reason for making labels static is to control them... since with uncontrolled labels, we were having insanely silly words being added as tags/labels.  Why would this matter?  Eventually these terms will be part of searches and subscriptions.  (I hope they will one day be a graphic tag cloud as well, but don't know about that.).

The choice of tags/labels is unique to each forum as well.  Please do post here if you find additional needs that don't exist that are generic enough that other users would want to use and/or subscribe by the same term.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Karl and Barry summarized the reason very well about the current policy of labels. Since your request is absolutely reasonable, I added Columns as a label to the Wishes board.

@Barry Kelly , @Karl Ottenstein - I noted this thread, added a reminder for the upcoming meeting.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Lingwisyer
Guru

Yeah... to go from unregulated labels to a short static list was a bit extreme...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The right place for these discussions is the "Our Community" forum - which is where I've moved this topic.

The Graphisoft Community staff can answer the specifics and perhaps grant your request for additional labels.  It seems like an oversight that Beams is there yet Columns is not, as you say.

The reason for making labels static is to control them... since with uncontrolled labels, we were having insanely silly words being added as tags/labels.  Why would this matter?  Eventually these terms will be part of searches and subscriptions.  (I hope they will one day be a graphic tag cloud as well, but don't know about that.).

The choice of tags/labels is unique to each forum as well.  Please do post here if you find additional needs that don't exist that are generic enough that other users would want to use and/or subscribe by the same term.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Lingwisyer
Guru

I feel like I made a post about it somewhere, but I cannot find it... anyway, I feel like labels should be open but moderated before they become visible. So if you feel like a label is missing, you can added it and a mod can then vet it. Given we know that permissions can be tied to each of the community ranks, this can be added to that to reduce spam and abuse.

[New Label] => Alternative Label Suggestions => None Suitable? => Add New Label Button => [New Label Invisible Till Moderated]

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

@Lingwisyer wrote:

I feel like I made a post about it somewhere, but I cannot find it

That's because you couldn't give it the proper label. 🤣

I say that in jest, but it is actually true.

The list of fixed labels is only good if the list is sufficient.

I'll try to remember to bring this up at the next community meeting at the end of this month.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Karl and Barry summarized the reason very well about the current policy of labels. Since your request is absolutely reasonable, I added Columns as a label to the Wishes board.

@Barry Kelly , @Karl Ottenstein - I noted this thread, added a reminder for the upcoming meeting.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I mean, look at the archicad tools and add them all? This isn't exactly rocket surgery 🙂

The idea of being able to filter on tags is great, of course!

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Josh Verran
Expert

Thanks for the explanation guys.
If I come across any more I'll notify as suggested.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
gdford
Advisor

I rarely find a label that seems like a correct fit.

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Do you have any suggestions? Let us know and we can discuss updating the existing label sets.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin