Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Public Roadmap -> Idea Pool -> BIMx on VR Headsets

Harout
Participant

I am pleased to see the topic of "BIMx on VR Headsets" included in the Idea Pool, and I would like to add my voice to encourage its development, particularly for BIMx Desktop.

I own a VIVE Pro 2 which is a very capable high resolution VR system.  Currently the only way I can view ArchiCAD projects in VR is through Twinmotion.   Twinmotion is robust on its own right with native support for professional VR headsets, but it does not have the preferred Hypermodel features of BIMx.

I will follow the progress of this topic in the Idea Pool with great interest.  I hope it makes it to the "In Progress" and "Coming Soon" columns.

H.

2 REPLIES 2
Botonis
Advisor

Why not support VR directly in Archicad! Although the rendering would not be as good as Enscape or Twinmotion, it would work just like Revizto with all the BIM options. Using the current DirectX Engine is not so hardware demanding. An improvement in the graphics like shadows, reflectioms etc would be welcomed though. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Harout
Participant

Correct.   Support for VR directly in ArchiCAD would be even better.   In an overarching topic it'd be the convergence of ArchiCAD and BIMx.   An ArchiCAD VR environment would give an immersive/interactive feedback mechanism to the designer.