BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Hidden Forum

Graphisoft Learn Survey

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Improving our training and learning programs is an ongoing process that cannot be successfully completed without valuable contributions of our customer and user community. This survey aims to analyse the aspects of your engagement and identify areas for further improvements. Graphisoft would like to thank you for your participation.

The Graphisoft Learn Survey is now closed. We would like to thank all participants who took part in this survey for their valuable contributions. Next step will be publishing localised versions of this survey on all localised communities and making it available for the wider public.

::rk
13 REPLIES 13
runxel
Legend

Those kind of surveys are always a bit surprising for me. It feels very binary: "Did you like it or not".

I wonder how much data you can actually extract from such short surveys?!

Also please enlarge the "free note" boxes! I often want to write more than I could cram in there.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
archigreen
Enthusiast

I didn’t think it was gonna be that short, but I kind of like it that way, keep it short and straight to the point.

Can I ask you something?

Why has ArchiCAD been left behind when talking about AI?

You have great potencial, but not explored yet.

I am sad to see a miss opportunity by the Nemetschek Company

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Barry Kelly

Question 1 - maybe an option for BIM Manager?

Question 5 - quality of delivery

Need a comment section - delivery has been average with browser/cookie problems, either can't see anything or in some course some parts can't be accessed.

There is no where to explain reason for answer.

Likewise I think it was questions 7 & 8 could do with a comment section for explanation.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

thanks for your comments.

re: Q1 - We have specifically wanted to avoid any "role" identification... the focus is on your relationship with GS.

can you please remember what questions you are referring to? the question numbers are dynamically changed based on your previous choices, so it is difficult for me to identify them by their numbers.

Hi archigreen,

I am afraid I did not get your question... are you referring to AI in learning or AI in general? if the second is true, please use the standard forum for this topic.

7. How likely are you to recommend course(s) you have taken to others?

8. How would you rate your overall Graphisoft Learn portal experience?

I always think these multiple choice questions should have the opportunity to explain the rating.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

good points mate. I will look into this.

Cheers

Rob

DGSketcher
Legend

You may not want my opinion, but personally I have trouble with the Learn portal...

1. It is a sad reflection on the complexity of the AC software that the learning content has become so extensive. Not only do users need to study architecture, which is no small subject, but they also need to drown in studying software functionalities. Unless you are one of the big firms who have the resources to fund all this training and appoint suitable employees it can become a big time & money overhead. Try looking at it from the perspective of a small office with less than five employees.

2. The cost of entry to AC isn't small, but this constant drive to monetise all aspects, learning in this case, doesn't reflect well on GS. I get there are situations where there may be a valid argument to charge for training, it has always been that way, but some of the stuff charged for should really should be permanently free and treated as promotional material. The New Features course comes to mind.

3. There are documents in the portal that should be part of the basic help available from the AC drop down menu. Hotlinks and Detailing are two that come to mind, but I have also seen these as charged for documents.

If GS want to grow then simplify AC, make it easy & fun to use and boost market penetration that way rather than walking it down the niche software road and unapologetically monetising its complexity.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I personally haven't used the learn portal that much. I've been intending to renew my Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager accreditation to the new course. I looked at some of the early courses years ago and they were fairly informative and easy to follow. I am looking to get all of our staff to undertake the AC27 Upgrade courses as we have just rolled it out across the office but not sure how long they will take. It would be good if the courses could state an anticipated time to complete.

The questionnaire seems fine, concise and to the point. I agree with the comments to add a comment section to explain the 1-10 rating provided.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!