Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

13 failure on certain machines and workin perfectly on other

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having some serious issues with 13 and warning associated to zones (well zones is all I've tried at this stage) saying "Cannot find the directory. File Manager Add-On terminated."
Now the really serious part of all of this is that all of our machines are the same spec, same install... in fact they are all clones of each other (other than log-on profiles) but about 30% of the machines fail and the rest work perfectly!!!
I've been told it is the library but I am skeptical of this as most of the machines work and I have opened the same .pln on all machines to test the possibility of a rogue object.
Plus i have removed the suspect library and still it happens!
I thought it may have something to do with windows permissions but they are all exactly the same!

If anyone has any clues on why this is happening please pass them on!
I'm all out of ideas!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you find a resolve for this Kristian?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a direct solution mate.
It was a combo of having property script stuff in the master script and windows permissions!!
It was kind of our library/windows permissions specific but just annoying as hell that it only happened on some machines and not others!
Just another point to the "switch to Mac" tally really!

Are you having the same issues there??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah. I've had it pop up before with the "Zone_Stamp_3de.gsm" in AC10, 12 and 13 but never consistantly. I would just select another zone stamp when it happened. Are you guys using the AC13 4D lib?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nah we are still using the 12 4D lib as yet!! Just updated for 13.
Yeah I'd never had it with any of the earlier versions but 13 it happens 100% of the time on 45% of the machines!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same scenario then as I'm still using the 12 lib as well.