BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

22" or 24"? What's your chioce?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
My 19" screen is to small for efficient work and I'm going for a 22" or 24". Does anyone have something to say about these sizes? Maybe someone that has tested both sizes.

Size does matter right!?

M
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to upgrading as well from a 19" monitor - my initial impressions are that the 22" isn't a big enough improvement over the 19 while the 24" is a significant improvement. Any thoughts from those using these sizes would be great.

Of course, then I saw a 30".......
Brad Elliott
Booster
Don't even look at 22" monitors. They have the same resolution as 20" monitors only bigger pixels. So unless you have bad eyesight and need everything to look bigger save your money and buy a 20" or go up to a 24" monitor and get a lot more screen real estate.

And if I haven't convinced you yet, if you are going to use two monitors like with a laptop or an all-in-one, the 22" monitor will show everything at a different size and make for an ugly experience.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I run a Dell 24" off my laptop in the office and it is great. Wouldn't go back to a smaller one now. I was using a 21"

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
I run two 24" Dells...I stretch ArchiCAD across both. Left monitor for plan and rendering window right for Project Navigator, sections, 3D window and layout page. I would love to run 30" but the graphics card requirement keeps me away...for now....perhaps time for one more 24".

ArchiCAD 11 build 1114 usa full
windows XPsp2
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Brad wrote:
Don't even look at 22" monitors. They have the same resolution as 20" monitors only bigger pixels. So unless you have bad eyesight and need everything to look bigger save your money and buy a 20" or go up to a 24" monitor and get a lot more screen real estate.

And if I haven't convinced you yet, if you are going to use two monitors like with a laptop or an all-in-one, the 22" monitor will show everything at a different size and make for an ugly experience.
Convinced! Thanks!
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
24 is the right choice! 30 even better!
I'm going to byu a 24" soon - I just cannot choose between Apple or Eizo!
Thomas Holm
Booster
kliment wrote:
24 is the right choice! 30 even better!
I'm going to byu a 24" soon - I just cannot choose between Apple or Eizo!
I recommend Eizo. The background lighting has better quality, and, most important, some of their stands are extremely flexible and allows you to lower the screen all the way down to your keyboard. I'm using this model: http://www.eizo.com/products/lcd/S2411W/index.asp
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use a 30" apple at home and a 24" imac at the office. One can never have enough real estate - I suppose up to the amount of peripheral vision you can use. The 24" area seems cramped!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Thomas! I'll go for it!

Brian, I wish I lived in USA! At these prices I would buy a 30" too!

USA: 1 799 $ =1 244 euro
Bulgaria: 3 955 leva=2 918 euro
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!