Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D Connexion Space Navigator on a new PC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got a new workstation and cannot get my 3D Connexion Space Navigator to work in ArchiCAD.
In the control panel the mouse is clearly working - but does not do anything in ArchiCAD.
Ideas anyone?
26 REPLIES 26
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Dwight wrote:
At times like this, I like to start a loaf of bread.
.............. cheers Dwight, sorry cannot upload a sample
1st try 8-) .jpg
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Dwight
Newcomer
Was it good?
I can see that you might have gone hotter and a bit longer.
Dwight Atkinson
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Dwight wrote:
Was it good?
......... yes Sir

A bit too salty for me, next one will try half the amount.
My darling is impressed being able to get advice from the Chef direct
New kitchen soon will solve temp suggestion, many thanks.

......... apologies to fellow ACders for OT
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
glad to know someone is winning - after all this time my naviagator still doesn't!.....
not that I've given it much time ...to troubleshoot
Karl Ottenstein
rwallis wrote:
glad to know someone is winning - after all this time my naviagator still doesn't!.....
not that I've given it much time ...to troubleshoot
The 3Dconnexion works fine on OS X. I assume it works on the Mac in your signature, but not on your Win 7 64 bit machine?

Sorry I don't have 16 on a windows machine at the moment to test your situation...

...but I wonder if you have created a profile for ArchiCAD in the 3DConnexion software/settings (which you showed as launching/working properly). In the Mac version, there is a "Configure" drop-down where you set up the actions for specific apps, all apps, etc.

Not sure about the greyed out menu options that you see, since the add-on seems to be loaded properly (checkmark in add-on manager in your screenshot and menus present). Perhaps the add-on isn't communicating with the 3Dconnexion driver due to a version conflict?

Do you have the Win 7 64-bit driver installed?
http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html

There's a 3/28/2013 update listed there...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
PS I see in your signature that you have Artlantis. Does the spacenavigator work for you as it should in Artlantis?
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the tips Karl
I can see the mouse working in the config panel but no action in archicad - I'll try the artlantis angle tomorrow at work.
Could be a version thing so I'll check that too...
kevin b
Contributor
Karl,
I see you say that it works in OSX. Is that correct? Does it work with AC16 and OSX Mountain Lion? The 3DConnexion website does not show that as a compatible combination, or at least not a "certified" one. They only list it AC11-14. Just want to be sure before I get one.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Karl Ottenstein
kevin wrote:
Karl,
I see you say that it works in OSX. Is that correct? Does it work with AC16 and OSX Mountain Lion? The 3DConnexion website does not show that as a compatible combination, or at least not a "certified" one. They only list it AC11-14. Just want to be sure before I get one.
Hi Kevin,

Yes, works fine with Mountain Lion and AC 16 as well as Artlantis, etc. ... although at times it appears defective when the cat on my desk leans against it and the model starts moving on its own. 😉

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any tips for 'resetting' ArchiCAD to recognise my 3D Connexion Space Navigator?
I have now ascertained it is recognised and usable with other software - alas not ArchiCAD 😞