Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise

Arcadia
Booster
Who uses this device and what do you think of it for archicad? I have the std spacemouse which I love but feel like having all the extra keys on the enterprise might make things more efficient. Does the display show the archicad icons okay?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ling,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I will forward you post to 3D Connexion Staff and see what they say about the customizable icon.

I am not a programmer so pardon the ignorant question. How do 3rd parties like Archiframe interface their product with Archicad? Is there some ADD-ON tool GS users can download to create this kind of interface? From what I understand speaking with 3D's Staff the SDK is a joint effort between them and the program team they are working. That is how they did SOLID WORKS.

What I can tell you is I bought The Space Mouse Enterprise Kit and Love It! Having used the wireless two button Space mouse for years with All sorts of programs (except Lumion - not sure what their deal is because it is a perfect tool for their platform) the Enterprise is AWESOME! I had no idea what an upgrade this was going to be.

Below is a link where it is well described
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmv3LtxMdU&t=1226s
Lingwisyer
Guru
MrScott wrote:
I am not a programmer so pardon the ignorant question. How do 3rd parties like Archiframe interface their product with Archicad? Is there some ADD-ON tool GS users can download to create this kind of interface?

There is an API Devkit available for free which will let you build add-ons and such.

http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
All,

I wanted to update you on how the Enterprise is working for me in Archicad 22. I have got it working and have programmed a number of menu items. I have found, by default, that Archicad does recognize the unit. What is missing or lacking to take full advantage of the LED display, are more icons and shortcut access to the unit. Let me try and explain. Other than the pretty icon display, albeit nice, it is not required to for the unit to function. I have found, through use, like with a 10Key pad, you simple know through feel you are on the right button. What is lacking, and may well be the case with other devices, is the ability to program some features. (See Images) I would say the majority of what most users would find what is can do out of the box just fine.

For me, the main benefit and value in the Enterprise model is the the high precision 6Axis gimbal (fancy Joystick) and the ergonomic layout of the entire unit. Unlike programming a keyboard shortcut, having my hand comfortably resting on the unit with all the buttons and Gimbal in right place. And because the key layout is so unique, memorizing the fell is easy and comes very quickly when you assign a feature to a button.

The bottom line...if your even remotely intrigued by the Enterprise and how it might transform your design experience, give it a try. They are so confident you will like it they offer a full 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee. What are you waiting for? I see so many people in videos struggling to navigate in 3D I just wish they would take a look at the Space mouse. With the Space mouse you never lose mouse control while moving in 3D. I can fly around while pointing at areas and objects independently from the Space mouse.

OH! I almost forgot! Have you ever noticed if you try to move from outside to inside a model the visuals go crazy and you end up zooming to extents to reset? With the Spacemouse and Lumion LiveSync, I can model in 3D, move inside or outside with the smoothness of a silk shirt. Sweet!

All the best to you all and happy modeling!