Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3Dconnexion buttons now longer work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm having some trouble with my 3Dconnexion SpaceExplorer USB. I'm using this device for quite a while, it has 15 buttons on it that are programable what makes the keyboard almost useless. I use the SpaceExplorer in combination whit a bamboo pen tablet what makes working in Archicad much fun, much faster and much more natural, its like a combination of playing with lego, painting eggs and sculpting art. However for a while the buttons on the SpaceExplorer do not work anymore in Archicad. They work fine in SketchUp and Revit so the SpaceExplorer is not the problem.

Is there anyone with the same problem and a solution? I'm working with AC 17 on an iMac with OSX 10.9.1.

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Did you go to the 3Dconnexion web site and download/install the new driver that is compatible with Mavericks?

I had to do that to get my SpaceNavigator to work again after the Mavericks upgrade...and all buttons/etc work fine...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello karl Thanks for your reaction.
Yes if got the latest drivers installed, there is a new feature, radial menu, but nothing in my archicad.

Some buttons stil work, like Alt, 2D and fit. The other buttons won't work and when I change the function of the buttons nothing changes in Archicad. So alt button stil remains the alt function and esc still won't work , even when i changed it to the delete function.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I get the feeling that i'm the only one with this problem.