3rd party installers for GRAPHISOFT products

mtron
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

In this article, you can find a list of additional software needed for installing or running GRAPHISOFT products. When you run the installer, it will automatically install those third-party products which are not yet installed, or which are out of date. If you don't want to or can't install these automatically during unattended installation, make sure they are installed separately beforehand.

Archicad 27 Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable (x64)
Intel C++ Redistributables 2018 for Windows on Intel 64
CodeMeter Driver
Archicad 26 Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable (x64)
Intel C++ Redistributables 2018 for Windows on Intel 64
CodeMeter Driver
BIMx Desktop Viewer 2019 Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) for 32-bit editions of Microsoft Windows
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) for 64-bit editions of Microsoft Windows
IFC Model Exchange with Archicad for Revit 2020 Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64)

Installers of the following software packages update their previous versions, so you need the latest only for the proper operation:

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4
  • Intel C++ Redistributables for Windows on Intel 64
  • CodeMeter Driver
  • WibuKey Driver

Reference Guide and Offline Help

Archicad 23 and newer versions provide up-to-date Help resources online which can be viewed with any modern web browser. The Offline Help needs one of these supported browsers:

• Google Chrome 65.0 or above
  • Mozilla Firefox 59.0 or above
  • Microsoft Edge 40.0 or above
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 11

Apple Safari 11.0 and above can be used after disabling local file restrictions. For this, follow the steps detailed in the Reference Guide.

Further documentation

A viewer application is necessary to read the PDF documentation provided with GRAPHISOFT products.

• On Mac, you can use Preview, the default PDF viewer of macOS.
  • On Windows, you need an application installed separately to open PDF files—we suggest using Adobe Reader available to download from here.

Java for former installers

With Archicad 22 and newer, you do not need the Java Runtime Environment for installing the software.

In some cases, during installing Archicad 21 and earlier versions, newer, older, or corrupted Java versions could block the installation and uninstallation process of GRAPHISOFT products. If you have any issues like this, please consult the corresponding Install and Startup Troubleshooting Guide for a solution. You can find the Java installers that were bundled with the Archicad versions on this site.

Comments
Mario Sacco
Expert

I'm trying to install Archicad on a M1-Max, in parallel

And I have the message below.

I tried many combination of  install/uninstall without results.

I need to install AC on Parallel to test some functionalities in Window.

Mario

Schermata 2022-02-19 alle 08.06.22.png

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Try to download it from Microsoft and install it, then try to install Archicad again:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

You probably need the third one:

X64 https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe Permalink for latest supported x64 version. The X64 redistributable package contains both ARM64 and X64 binaries. This package makes it easy to install required Visual C++ ARM64 binaries when the X64 redistributable is installed on an ARM64 device.

I use a Codemeter key on Macs, and something gets messed up when moving some computer content to some other one using Time Machine backup; the key license is not seen by AC nor License Manager Tool. I've experienced this twice in December (Catalina, 2016 and 2017 MacBook Pros) and again a couple of days ago (Monterey, 2021 MBP M1 Max). 

Following recommendations I first reinstalled Codemeter on the target computer, then License Manager Tool (nothing changes), and finally made a clean install of a new AC (I have several AC 24s and AC 25s installed) and only then things started working again (for all AC versions). At the same time I can move my key at any time to the source computer, and things keep on working there without any reinstallation. 

Mario Sacco
Expert

@Laszlo Nagy  

I tried, but it doesn't work

I think the problem could be that I have a MAC M1 Silicon powerbook.

I can't install also the IFC extention for Revit in Parallel.

I have always the same message. 

Mario

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Sorry, I have no further idea.

I don't know if this is a issue specific to M1 CPU machines, Parallels, Add-Ons ot their installers.

Odalvo de Oliveira
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi there,

One user still getting this message after installing all recommended C++ drivers. 

OdalvodeOliveiraN_0-1652468435577.png

Leibundgut
Participant

Hi,

Do you have the information for Archicad 26?

thank you in advance
Stéphane

Barry Kelly

@mtron , @Noemi Balogh ,

Is there any update for what is required for version 26?

Someone in the community is asking and I have linked them to this article.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-forum/ArchiCAD26-EDU-Error-at-startup-libmmd-dll-m...

Barry.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!