Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

A little Help Please

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok My company has began 3d modeling and Iam excited about Archicad just like them but I want to know about diffrent programs which could be better and more user friendly and have options of that sort that is why I took it upon my self to consorting with the counsel (You Guys)
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
SplinterFox wrote:
Ok My company has began 3d modeling and Iam excited about Archicad just like them but I want to know about diffrent programs which could be better and more user friendly and have options of that sort that is why I took it upon my self to consorting with the counsel (You Guys)
Welcome to the club!

Better? Hm, that is a matter of intended application, taste and opinion, and around here you will rarely find someone that does not think that ArchiCAD is the best available - while fully aware of how it could be better!

User friendliness is also something ArchiCAD is renowned for.

One question:

Did your company start 3D MODELING, as pure modeling for visulaization purposes only, or implementing the Virtual Building principles - that is, in plain English, using the software (e.g. ArchiCAD) that derives the construction documents AND the visulaization from the same digital simulation of the design?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
We intend on using Archicad to implement virtual building principles. I would like to apologize about my grammar and my explanation of items and topics that I may discuss I am New to Archicad and new 3d drawings So iamlooking for as much help as I can get
Djordje
Ace
SplinterFox wrote:
We intend on using Archicad to implement virtual building principles. I would like to apologize about my grammar and my explanation of items and topics that I may discuss I am New to Archicad and new 3d drawings So iamlooking for as much help as I can get
No need to apologize, just do it right

You are in the right place to get help

Think builidngs, not drawings; drawings are means of conveying information about the buildings.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
I cannot recommend enough: TRAINING, TRAINING, TRAINING.

You will vastly improve your abilities if you attend a formal training session, usually available through your reseller. You will learn a little from the manual, but a lot from hands-on training!
Tom Waltz