Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 12 3D Screen Tearing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

I have recently decided to upgrade my OS to Windows 7 Professional x64. The problem I'm having now is the tearing effect i get when navigating in 3D. I tried using the internal engine, but the problem stays there. My video card is an Asus Nvidia GTX 460. CPU - Intel Core i5 (3,60 GHz). 8 GB of RAM.
Has anyone any idea about what might be causing this?

Thank you in advance,
Adrian Tudoreanu

P.S.: I also tried different drivers for the video card, disabled 'Vertical Sync', tried running AC in compatibility mode for XP (with disabled 'Desktop Composition', disabled 'Visual Themes' and disabled "Display Scaling') - with no luck.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you find a solution to your problem? Im also experiencing this screen tearing with a GTX 480 on win 7 and Archicad 12. 12 is supposed to be compatible with win 7 so im ruling that out. Must be the GPU. I have the latest drivers installed. Don't really want to role back to old drivers as that will impact my other programs. Not sure quite what to do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob wrote:
Did you find a solution to your problem? Im also experiencing this screen tearing with a GTX 480 on win 7 and Archicad 12.
Unfortunately no. Meanwhile I have upgraded to AC14 and that problem is gone.