BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 19 white area that leads to freeze

Anonymous
Not applicable
So yesterday a problem occurred, a third of the window where the drawings are are just white (see screen shot). It occurs on both old files and new files. It is possible to scroll but the white area stay. Pretty soon after opening the file not only the program freezes, but the whole computer becomes unresponsive.

When I used archicad last weekend it worked fine. Anyone know what to do? Should I reinstall it or install archicad 20?

Skärmavbild 2017-02-01 kl. 10.25.26.png
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Check that your OS and ArchiCAD are up to date, this looks like a problem with the GPU.

If everything is up to date, see if you can run hardware test on your mac to check if nothing is wrong with the GPU itself. Reboot and hold down D should do that, I think.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I thought it looked like something GPU-related. However everything is updated and did hardware test showed nothing wrong. I'm going to try running Archicad 20 and see if its a similar issue there.
Barry Kelly
I had a similar problem on a PC but it was the 3D window that went white (sometimes black).
The model was still there - you just couldn't se it but could select it.

I am not sure if it is related but this PC had a GeForce graphics card and was running a program called "GeForce Experience".
I deleted that program and all was fine again.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to be a problem with the driver included in a new update of mac os as written about here:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/operating-systems/mac-os-x-10-12-sierra/crash-freeze-disp...

This solved it for me, at least for now:
3. Crash

If the ARCHICAD crashes during the startup process and users can’t accomplish the above mentioned workarounds, the Antialiasing must be turned off manually by changing the following registry key:

~/Library/Preferences/com.graphisoft.AC-<ArchiCAD version>.plist
Open it in Pref Setter or Xcode
Select OpenGL (integer) folder
Select the key called Antialiasing Mode.
Change this key to -1
Press cmd+S to save or Cmd+Q to leave the dialog and save the changes.
Learn and get certified!