Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 27.1.1 GER Hotfix - 3D Freeze on Intel-based Macs not yet fixed

Romans
Expert

Hotfix 27.1.1 GER was released on 21.11.2023.
The infamous 3D-window freeze on Intel-based Macs is not yet fixed.

Rather disappointing.

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
11 REPLIES 11
DGSketcher
Legend

They are probably busy trying to work out why the AI Visuals doesn't work, which is obviously far more important than the rest of the AC community trying to do their paid job.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
DGSketcher
Legend

Strange - as releases go GER & AUT are the only versions "hot fixed", I am still at 27.1.0.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

The current built-in visualizer, aka 3D-window freeze...

3d-window-freeze.png

Yes, the one that raises its head every couple of hours to make sure you get your coffee, exercise & blood pressure meds. 😉

I may have been lucky, but if I close the 3D window from the tab straight after the beach ball has stopped & without doing anything else I can sometimes keep working. If that fails its back to an AC restart.

Have you seen a pattern in which view type you were using before moving to the 3D View and freezing e.g. elevations seem to be a problem?

Making sure I unselect everything in the plan window before switching to 3D helps. Basically I now try to remember to double tap [ESC} to clear any selections before changing tabs.

Yes, it is almost always like this: if you select something in the Floor Plan and then move to the 3D window, it may occur. 

Especially if you select something and want to use the handy command 'Select and show in 3D'.....

mthd
Ace

GS please fix this up.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Roderick_Anderson
Contributor

We were running into this particular problem with an Intel iMac 27 unit which we had upgraded to macOS Sonoma, but we actually fixed the issue by formatting the computer and setting it back to Ventura.  We figured this out because on a MacBook Pro (also Intel-based) that we had not upgraded to Sonoma the issue would not appear.  Now of course, there is the chore of doing this, but if you have someone to handle the IT tasks, they can take care of this in one morning.

Hi Roderick,

For us, it is happening on other macOSs, too: Monterey and Ventura...

It started with the Tech Prev in Summer. There was no Sonoma yet available (besides the betas).

I am glad that you don't have these issues.

mthd
Ace

You might have to find out what the IT technician did to tweak the Mac to play nice ?

I have had to do that with the CADMouse driver to get it to work on Monterey and thankfully it was still ok after the Ventura install. You have to been your own IT guy when you are a solo practitioner like me.

I hope you get it done and dusted Romans.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura