Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC09 won't upgrade Key - runs in demo mode

Eduardo Rolon
Received AC09 installed per instructions but it does not recognizes my key. Went to the site indicated in the upgrade letter and can't get it to run. It does not read the key and the page is blank in either Safari or Firefox. This is not a good start
any help is appreciated
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
update
Had to use explorer to get the key updater to run.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got all of the keys in our office to update with Safari. Only one gave me trouble. I think somehow it was loose and had to play with it in the socket to get the updater to recognize the key. So far so good. I'm going to work tonight on setting up our template file for AC9. Looking forward to introducing the office to a new Archicad!
Eduardo Rolon
Actually it was that Safari was not showing the "upgrade utility" it just displayed a blank page, the same thing happened with Firefox. It could have been that I was using a dial-up connection

Anyway I retried now (4 hours latter) and Safari showed the "upgrade utility", so I have no idea what happened before...
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
have tried both IE5.2 and Safari 1.2.3

both applications check the security certificate and start the process, only to end up with the following :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

(NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
GSWibu.GSWibu.Close() +49
gspo.UpdateManager.GetProductCode(String portname, String beforecontent, String plugno, Boolean IsMac, String programCounter, String& errid, String& errstr) +285
gspo.Step0.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2052
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

tried wiggling the key, but AC and PM work fine... no problem there. System profiler has no problem finding it.

Going to try updating the wibu driver - haven't done that in a few months and it looks like a new version is out. any other advice?

Wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm - no change wit hthe new driver. time to contact my reseller for a dummy check...

Wes
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I have been trying to upgrade my key all afternoon with no success, Samething happened with AC8:(
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bob-

I encourage you to post more details and troubleshoot a bit. Talk to your reseller too. GS has been very responsive helping us figure out the problem.

I've successfully updated a few of our keys, one here at home, and one in the office. I think we've narrowed the errors down to a disrupted internet connection. We have been having trouble with our ISP recently. The error I listed above, as GS told me, occurs when the website cannot access the USB port and the key. Usually, this would be because the key isn't plgged in tightly, but I'm convinced that the crappy service we're getting from the ISP is to blame at this point.

sorry to hear you're having problems. AC9 is pretty good so far (after a couple days of playing around to set office standards).

wes
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
Weston,
Thanks. I have contacted my reseller. I could buy the interupted internet connection we have poor isp servive.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB