Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC10 with OSX Leopard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

I've been using ArchiCAD 10 on a G4 powerbook running tiger & a Windows XP machine.

I've just been & purchased a Macbook which has OSX Leopard, & I can't install ArchiCAD.

We got the program when it first shipped (build 815 according to the CD).

When you run the install program, the installation wizard pops up, but thats it. All the buttons are greyed out & there's no text on the wizard.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

T
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Yes - just copy the entire ArchiCAD 10 folder in the Applications folder of your G4 to your new Macbook. You might, actually, want to burn it onto a CD for future re-installation, since eventually your G4 may not be around.

Download the current WIBU keyplug driver from the Graphisoft web site and install it on your Macbook.

Older versions of AC will run fine on Intel Macs in emulation mode (Rosetta), but the installers themselves for the old versions only run on PPC Macs (e.g., G4, G5).

Graphisoft has also uploaded copies of AC 7 USA and AC 9 USA that can be downloaded onto all platforms (including Intel Mac) for the purpose of opening and converting older projects.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK,

Thanks for the advice. I don't have my powerbook anymore, so I'm going to have to get a copy from somewhere.

Is there any way of emulating a ppc so that I can install the files?

I don't imagine that I can upgrade 9 to 10 if I install that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

For anyone trying to install ArchiCAD 10 onto their Intel Apple machine, & having problems trying to install, the link in my post below works.